More families will receive individualized animal hospice services through "HELP for Animal Hospice Caregivers Fund" that was seeded by our successful "Season for Caring" campaign in December-January every year.
Outreach to veterinary clinics will bring animal hospice education and support to practices in the Greater Seattle and Eastside region animal hospice. The work of our four-person Outreach Team will ultimately enable us to reach more families with AHELP Caregiver Support.
Other 2019-2020 goals that we will continue:
- We will serve more families with our Comprehensive Care Home Visits, phone consults, and referrals from our Professional Network.
- We will offer our monthly Support Circle, and present regularly scheduled educational sessions on end-of-life caregiving. We will continue to produce our popular Creative Healing Circles to engage head, heart, and hands while remembering an animal friend.
- We will restart our "Caregivers Tips and Tails" blog. We will partner with guest bloggers to bring useful information and on end-of-life caregiving. In response to public request and with permissions, we'll also tell adapted "Tails" based on our experience through our Animal Caregiver Support Program.
- Collaborate with writers to refine our "Quality of Life in your Senior and Ill Animal Friend," our step-by-step guide
- Promote our Professional Network Members, trusted providers whose services contribute to comfort in illness and the end of life.
Kristina Callender, LICSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Providence Healthcare Hospice