Education. Enjoyment. Community.
AHELP’s awareness mission is rooted in education and awareness. We most often accomplish our mission through events, beginning with our Inaugural Workshop in 2010. Our vision involves building community to support one another during our times of greatest need.
Our educational events offer tools for excellent care for the animal and for the family. Our events always have opportunities to visit and share stories with like-minded animal lovers. At our networking and social events, community members enjoy share food, fun, and pet-friendly festivities, with a focus on community-building.
Our Animal Caregiver Support Circles are in-person opportunity to discuss the joys and challenges of end of life caregiving in a warm and nurturing environment.
Seattle Caregivers' Circle is a conventional support group, led by a licensed nondenominational spiritual counselor.
Kirkland Caregivers' Circle has rotating formats:
- "Learn about Animal Hospice" informational interactive talk, followed by Q & A and support group. Held 6-7 times/year.
- "Creative Healing Circles," an art therapy style workshop that features different projects led by local artisans. There are opportunities for socialization and community-building. Held quarterly.
See our Animal Caregiver Support Program page, our Upcoming Events page for dates, and contact Diane with inquiries on the Seattle Circle at FarewellsbyDiane@gmail.com. For information on the Kirkland Circle, contact Michelle at michelle@AHELPProject.org.
During the summer months, we go reach out to our community through Outreach Events. This is a fun way to meet us for the first time or to volunteer at our information table as a Professional Network Member. We attend between 1-3 Outreach Events between May 1-September 30.
While AHELP doesn't have big money to support our fellow charity organizations, we have a big heart! Through spreading our message, events we have supported have included:
- Seattle Animal Shelter's "Furry 5K"
- Purrfect Pals' "Average Joe Cat Show"
- Pasado's Safe Haven's "Bark in the Park"
- Chase Away K9 Cancer's "Mutt March"
- American Cancer Society's "Bark for Life"
- Susan G. Komen Foundation's "Walk for the Cure"